Greetings to all in the name of St. Vincent Pallotti School Nashik.
St. Vincent Pallotti School aims at enkindling the lamp of values in the tender minds of our children so that they may grow up to become responsible citizens to shine and “To Enlighten All” as our emblem indicates. The value based education is a process of growth. That is social growth, cultural growth, environmental growth, religious growth and intellectual growth. This report is the summary of what St. Vincent Pallotti School at Nashik has achieved so far from the last academic year towards this goal.
We thank the Almighty for His showers of blessings on us. I acknowledge the relentless support and encouragement of our Chairman, Very Rev. Fr. Joy Palachuvattil SAC, The School Management- Fr. Arun Thomas SAC as its President, Fr. Shine Augustine SAC, the secretary and Fr. Kuriakose as its member.
I also acknowledge the dedicated and untiring efforts of the teaching and non-teaching staff. We have a strong team of 73 staff in all capabilities, which includes 55 teaching faculty, 3 administrative staff and 15 non – teaching staff who are a well-knit, qualified, serious and purposeful group of people.
This year a total of 151 students joined our school taking the total strength to 1419. So together we are a big family marching together to achieve our goal of enlightening all.
With high expectation and academic rigour, the school began its journey of the session 2020-21 through online platform on 1st June 2020.
• School has completed the second phase of its construction with three floors.
• Spacious, well-lit classrooms to aid the process of learning.
• A scientific and technological temperament is nurtured through fully equipped and suitably designed laboratories for Science, Maths and computer.
• The school library is fully furnished and it houses over 5889 books.
• Interactive smart boards are used for classroom teaching and involve students to learn with technology. Students are actively involved in their learning through presentations, notes, flowcharts and drawings using the whiteboards.
• The multipurpose auditorium of the school is used for assemblies, parent orientations, conferences, workshops, celebrations and competitions.
• The school infirmary is equipped to take care of minor exigency. In case of an emergency, the parents are informed and then the students are taken to hospital by school van.
• Sports facilities at school consists of basketball court, badminton courts, cricket pitch, skating ring, volleyball court, football, hockey and baseball fields.
• Each floor of every wing has staff rooms for its faculty members. Keeping the conveniences of the faculty in mind each staff member is provided a desk and work area.
• To ensure students’ health, hygiene and dignity, separate gender segregated comfort rooms and cool water filters are added in the basic amenities.
• A totally parent friendly office room with online fee payment and card payment.
• School has added another feather to its cap by launching a Mobile App. This App gives an entire scenario of the school’s functioning, student’s progress, quick and easy money transfer, etc.
• Increased safety and security for all of our students is established through appointing a full-time security guard, more supervision on the playground during recess, improved volunteer policies, Locking or monitoring doors and gates, are intended to limit or control visitor access to school campuses, while others, such as the use of security cameras are intended to monitor or restrict students’ and visitors’ behaviour on campus.
• Training and Update: In keeping with the school’s policy of continuous upgradation of knowledge and skills, our teachers attended various workshops and seminars in beginning and throughout the year. Most of these trainings were conducted online. This year CBSE also came out with online training facilities for teachers.
• Parent Teacher Association (PTA): Parents are vital to the success of our institution. Our school is strengthened and supported by the Parent-Teachers Association (PTA). As the school was not in a position to conduct an election for PTA due the Covid 19 pandemic, the school reinstated the previous EPTA members. Mr. Samadhan Nigal is the Vice-president and Mr. Chandrabhan Balu Bhor and Mrs. Naziya Shakil Mansuri are the joint secretaries. The PTA meetings are held once in two months and they are encouraged to become actively involved in the activities school.
• Parent Orientation Program: Parent orientation programs are organized for parents to clarify about the new examination pattern, the extracurricular activities, the support required from parents, etc. Interactive sessions between the parents and the teachers were organized online during this academic year.
• Club Activities: To develop a child physically, morally, socially and mentally and to hone skills in co-scholastic areas various clubs like Literary Club, Aesthetic Club, Science Club, Sports Club and Environment Club are formed for the Middle & High school students. Different activities like debates, elocution, power point presentations, skits, role plays, speeches, cultural programmes, etc. are conducted regularly. This year all the club activities are conducted using the online facilities. Primary and Pre-primary section also conducted competitions like poster making, table dodging, card making, drawing competition, best-out-of-waste, storytelling, dance competitions, memory retention competitions, skit competition and elocutions.
• Extra-Curricular Activities: Sports competitions inculcate the spirit of positive challenges & sportsmanship among the students. Sports, games and physical fitness occupy a place of importance in our curriculum. This year only minimum sports activities were taken.
• Competitive Examination: To develop competitive spirits and to guide students to display their innate talents, students are motivated to take part in competitive exam organised by the school, namely, Pallotti Knowledge Hunt.
• Celebrations: Like every other year, this year also several student–centred activities were organized. Independence Day and Republic Day are commemorated to instil patriotism and respect for the Motherland. The school dedicated part of its premise as a tribute to the Amar Jawans of Pulwama on this auspicious occasion. Teachers’ Day, Children’s Day, Dessehra, Diwali, etc., were celebrated by putting up a colourful and an extravagant programme by the students and staff.
• Bharat Scouts and Guides: Scouting and Guiding is a character building educational movement. The school could not any activities this year.
• Art-Craft-Science Exhibition: The Art-Craft-Science exhibition was organized on 28th February 2021. Rev. Fr. Arun Thomas, the Manager inaugurated the Exhibition. As the school was not attended by all the students, the exhibition was conducted for those interested students. Many students from different sections actively participated in the event. The science model presentations were videographed for the video presentation of the whole event.
• Virtual Annual Concert: The School organized a grant celebration of Virtual Annual Concert 2021, namely, PRAVAH: The Flow of Life. The concert was streamed through the School YouTube Channel in two parts for two days in the evening 7 pm. PART 1 was streamed on 8th March 2021 (Monday) and PART 2 on 9th March (Tuesday). The Chief Guest of the Annual Virtual Concert was Dr. Fr. Paul Chandrankunnel SAC, Vice Provincial & Director of St. Vincent Pallotti College of Engineering & Technology, Nagpur. The presentation was based on the story of Mrs. Pushpalata Deshmukh, a social activist. It was a tribute to womanhood as it was the International Women’s Day. PRAVAH 2021 was the result of our students and teachers’ creative thinking, hard work, dedication and all the more a response to the present situation the world is facing now.
As we conclude the report, we bow our head in reverence to the Almighty God for the blessings He has showered upon this institution. All these achievements were possible because of the commitment of the management, teaching and non-teaching staff, students, parents, benefactors and well-wishers. We express our sincere thanks and heartfelt gratitude to all who have been with us in our journey and for their continuous support and co-operation.
We conclude this report by entrusting our school to the divine hands of St. Vincent Pallotti, our patron and by invoking his prayers for the journey ahead.
Thank you and God bless us all.
Fr. Shine Augustine SAC
St. Vincent Pallotti School